Lung Ultrasound (AL1 P)€0
About this course
Point of Care Lung Ultrasound
Advanced level 1 Provider (LUS AL1 P)
The Advanced Lung Ultrasound course is aimed for physicians who take care of patients with acute lung pathologies in stable or critical conditions.
It’s a goal-oriented approach aimed to provide the clinician with the key Advanced Lung Ultrasound knowledge on non-invasive procedures to manage patients with acute dyspenea, pneuomonia or critical lung pathologies.
The Advanced LUS is aimed for physicians (critical care, emergency, anesthesiologists, primary care, cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, pneumologists) with a previous experience in LUS and have previously participated in the WINFOCUS LUS Basic Course.
Based on the FEEL and FATE clinical-ultrasound protocols. Minimum theoretical exposures and subsequent practice tutoring in healthy models.
The course is held in two days and is divided into three parts: Oral Presentations, Interactive Discussion of real Clinical Cases and Hands-On Practice and Mentoring on healthy models.
The trainers are experts in point-of-care ultrasound and have an extensive experience in teaching. They provide participants with a remarkable amount of practical learnings, simulations and interactive cases.
- Introduction and Refresh of the Basic Course
- Complex Pneumothorax: radio-occult PTX; double lung point; septated PTX; hydro-PTX, monitoring PTX; sizing PTX
- Ultrasound evaluation of diaphragm function: assessment of excursion, thickening and clinical applications
- Consolidations and different diagnoses: diagnostic criteria; comparison with radiography and CT; main different signs; clinical implications
- Acute respiratory failure: the BLUE protocol, advantages and pitfalls
- Monitoring alveolar recruitment: ultrasound signs, techniques; monitoring aeration; clinical implications
- Monitoring pulmonary congestion and hemodynamics: ultrasound signs of congestion; monitoring techniques, clinical implications; relationship with invasive hemodynamics
- Integrating US Lung-heart-veins: pulmonary embolism
Check out the Calendar to discover Dates and Venues of the next Courses or fill in the form below if you wish to have more infos about our courses in your country.
Dates and Venues
There are currently no courses available, please write us for more info.