FoCUS Echocardiography (WBE P)€1
About this course
Basic level 1 Provider (WBE P)
The course is aimed to physicians who treat patients in acute, urgent and critical situations and who are new to cardiac ultrasound, or are in the early phase of their learning curve. It also suits the needs of more Echoardiography-experienced clinicians wishing to make the cardiovascular assessment of their critical patient systematic and more effective.
It covers the use of simplified transthoracic echocardiography in the setting of cardiac arrest/peri-resuscitation, and as a screening tool for the unstable patient in the ICU/emergency settings/prehospital scenarios. It also suits the needs of more Echoardiography-experienced clinicians wishing to make the cardiovascular assessment of their critical patient systematic and more effective.
The course has been conducted in more than 40 countries worldwide and its content is in accordance with the international recommendations based on the evidence of the 1st International Conference on Focused Cardiac Ultrasonography (Via G. International Evidence-Based Recommendations for Focused Cardiac Ultrasound – JAM SOC ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY 2014).
The WBE P course is prerequisite for the WINFOCUS WBE International competency certification.
Based on the FEEL and FATE clinical-ultrasound protocols. Minimum theoretical exposures and subsequent practice tutoring in healthy models.
The course is held in two days and is divided into three parts: Oral Presentations, Interactive Discussion of real Clinical Cases and Hands-On Practice and Mentoring on healthy models.
The trainers are experts in point-of-care ultrasound and have an extensive experience in teaching. They provide participants with a remarkable amount of practical learnings, simulations and interactive cases.
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound in Critical Care: aims and place in echocardiography training
- Views and Target of the FoCUS exam
- FoCUS signs of Chronic Cardiac Disease
- FoCUS signs of LV Systolic Dysfunction
- FoCUS signs of RV Systolic Dysfunction
- FoCUS signs of Severe Hypovolemia
- FoCUS signs of Pericardial Effusion and Tamponade
- FoCUS signs of obvious Valvular Pathology
- Basic cardiac ultrasound Knobology
- Focused cardiac Ultrasound in Cardiac Arrest
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound in shock.
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound in respiratory failure.
- Pitfalls and limitations of Focused Cardiac Ultrasound.
Check out the Calendar to discover Dates and Venues of the next Courses or fill in the form below if you wish to have more infos about our courses in your country.